Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A little more on Evan

You know, that last comment made Evan look like a prick. For some reason I feel okay when I say things that makes Brady look bad, but he does them in good fun and Even was dead serious. So I will proceed to get churchy and tell you how Evan taught me humility. You see at the beginning of the year in missionary prep we all had to give a short little talk. I took quotes from each person and even proudly added my own, went home and typed it up and posted it at the foot of my bed. Every night I would look at it and look at how the only thing I could squeeze out of what Evan had to say was "I will go and do." Then I would proudly look at my own well articulated phrase and be proud that I had, I don't know, mastered the art of crafting my religious words so well. But now I'm so embarrassed of that. I'f only we'd all go and do. Evan is putting in his missionary papers now, and I have to wait. What if I had "gone and done" instead of mucky-mucked my snobby way into a little trouble. Sure its all in the past, but really what do the prophets tell us when they are at the pulpit. Simple things to go and do (and not do.) When President Hinckley wakes up in the morning he doesn't start with a heavenly manifestation, he starts by praying and reading his scriptures. Besides in a missionary respect, the best articulator of the gospel is the Holy Ghost and Christ himself. We are magnified a hundred fold if we but "go and say" what the Lord is whispering. Perhaps if my mouth were shut and not babbling on, perhaps I would have heard sooner.

3 comments:

Chris Bernal said...

I like how you stole Aaron's template.

pelegray said...

Stole? It isn't his, besides I hoped none of my close bloggers also used this one since it was the one I could figure how to use links on.

Chris Bernal said...

Well, you did steal it - he doesn't own but has territory over it.


And one of your close bloggers does use it.