Friday, May 13, 2005

Home in Saint Johns

Getting more was highly relieving. Which was odd since I dreaded being home again. I was afraid of seeing this person and that, I had some apprehensions about the social scene in good ole' SJ. But getting here the first thing I did was hang out with Ben Brown and scramble to make Jordan Rothlisburger hang out with before I got home and all we did was play some basketball, some risk, and sit around and watch the suns game. It was good, it was Saint Johns. The best was seeing Mrs. Broadbent my neighbor and taking her some peas, broccoli, and salad that my mom had made and wanted me to take to her. She and her husband were happy to just have me sit down and talk a while and were so happy for the assistance. (Her husband has had some medical problems lately, they are older) The best feeling was just coming back to where your home, where people greet you with a smile like, "oh Blake, its so good having you home again." It the people that make this ugly town beautiful.
P.S. I found a summer job, working at Orme Summer Camp for kids and teenagers. Though the intrinsic value of is low ($1100 for the summer) the extrinsic benefit are great. I am going to be a mentor to the 5 kids I will be living with that will come and go. I will constantly monitor them and take care of them. It's great because some of the most special moments in my life is when I have felt like, honestly, a father to my nieces and nephews. (I don't know, I say a father because it is a glorified uncle) I'm so excited. You? (Work start may 30 and ends either late July or August)

No comments: