Monday, July 28, 2008

Days go bye.... They go bye too

Things are as they should be. I just got back from muh hometown and enjoyed the July 24th celebrations. It was everything that it should have been, from the country dancing to the parade. We also had our Crosby reunion at the same time and it was the first one I have been to without my Grandpa being there. We had a part where each child of my Grandparents got up and told stories about them and that, couple with my own personal memories drove me to think of the duty that I have as their grandchild to be something more. I think that if I had been given to tough life that my grandpa had been given.... Well I don't think I would have made it. I just have always been so proud of him. I remember always going to the apache county fair and finding the sheriff's booth and going up and asking them if they knew my grandpa, because he used to be the sheriff. I would point to his picture if it was up and say proudly, "That's my Grandpa." He was also a lesson in reform, from the rough and rowdy boy to the Grampa who demanded respect and whose spiritual presence was demanding, even if he never said much. I remember his last words to me before I left for the Philippines. Learn to trust the Lord. It seems hard at times because I have so much family to trust and it always seems like we can work things out. I don't pray to ever be pushed to the point where it is just I and the Lord, and no one else, but I wonder if I would have the fortitude. Like my Grandfather and Father before me. We must always remember who we are, and who they were. Whoever it is for you, we all have so many inspirations and rather then sitting around waiting for those inspirations to happen we must become the inspirer. Most of our influences in our lives are not those who were given much, but those who made much from very little. So we know so can we.

En requim
Grampa

3 comments:

Katie said...

This is awesome, Blake. I love it.

Dewitt's said...

blake just found your blog off of jessica's (leave it to her to have EVERYONE'S blog) anyhow reading your blog i had no idea how much you have to say! it is all very interesting and i enjoy reading it. so much you can learn from reading words of others, and going beyond the small talk!

jfbast said...

loved this, blake.